Founder and Managing Principal
David is the Founder and Managing Principal of Four Bells Advisory. He has 40 years’ business experience as chairman, director and senior executive of Australian and international publicly-listed and private companies in the technology and financial services sectors.
David’s senior executive roles have included:
- Senior Vice President, Reuters Enterprise Solutions Asia/Pacific, where he was responsible for the management and development of Reuters Enterprise Solutions business throughout the Asia/Pacific region;
- Senior Company Officer, TIBCO Finance Technologies, Asia, with responsibility for all aspects of development of the TIBCO’s market presence throughout the region and including the delivery and support of projects for TIBCO’s Asian client base;
- Practice Partner for the Banking and Finance sector, AT&T Inc. where David was responsible for developing and delivering banking and finance business consulting processes with an emphasis on treasury, financial markets and financial management; and
- Head of Global Information, Financial Markets Division, Commonwealth Bank of Australia. David responsible for the Division’s business management and research functions, including strategic and operational planning, budgeting, management reporting and performance analysis, business processes, expenditure management, personnel, administration and computing and communications technologies functions for the Bank’s global financial markets business.
His company directorships include:
- Chairman, Wilcom Pty Ltd
- Chairman, Four Bells Advisory Pty Ltd
- Chairman, Four Bells Management Services Pty Ltd
- Chairman, Advanced Hybrid Pty Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, B&R Industries Pty Ltd (sold to Integrated Plastics)
- Chairman, Vector Risk Holdings Pty Ltd
- Chairman, Mastersoft International Pty Ltd (sold to Vix Technology)
- Non-Executive Director, Argus Solutions Ltd (sold to private entity)
- Chairman, IT&e Ltd (subsequently renamed Razor Risk & sold to TMX)
- Chairman, AFMA Services Pty Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, Media and Gaming Pty Ltd
David has a Bachelor’s Degree in Banking and Finance from Charles Sturt University and industry qualifications in Capital Markets and Financial Markets gained in Sydney and London. David was a contributing author to the tertiary text “International Banking and Finance” and has served as a lecturer in International Finance and member of the syllabus committee for Charles Sturt University’s Faculty of Business.
Denis has more than 40 years’ experience in executive management and advisory roles primarily in technology sectors, specifically in new and emerging technologies.
Currently Denis acts for Four Bells as Managing Director of private software company Wilcom International, which is the global market leader in its IT sector and has a world-wide distribution network covering more than 90 countries.
Previous executive experience includes as Chief Executive of NZX-listed Powercorp, which at the time, was the largest listed IT company on the exchange and Country Manager for NYSE-listed StorageTek.
Denis has advised a number of ASX listed public companies, providing corporate advice on matters ranging from fund raising to acquisitions, reverse takeovers and corporate strategy.
- Netcomm – strategy, acquisition
- Sirius – reverse takeover
- IT&E – takeover defence
- Unilever – acquisition
- Argus Solutions – merger
- CSE Global – acquisition
In addition, Denis has served on the Management Committee of an investment fund specialising in early stage technology start-ups and has been involved in a number of first and second round off-market capital raisings.
Mark has over 30 years’ experience in Enterprise Computing and has most recently served as Senior Vice President of APJ for TIBCO Software. During his 6 years in that role he grew revenue at above 20% CAGR.
He is an experienced software and professional services executive, with a proven track record of revenue and profit growth and customer focus. He has taken organisations through multiple growth stages, opened up new geographies, started and developed new business groups, and opened up new industry segments. He has a proven track record of hiring and developing talent, creating passion amongst multi disciplined teams to deliver results, working creatively to grow business models and being directly accountable for the business P&L.
Mark possesses a detailed knowledge of individual markets, countries and cultures. His specialties include:
- Developing new and growing existing business
- Creating and building new revenue streams
- Cross Industry market, business and technology experience
- Company growth and expansion planning and execution
- Start-up phase in new geographies, new business segments, new product lines
- Hiring, developing, coaching multi-discipline teams
- Sales strategy and execution
- Extensive knowledge of APJ and EMEA markets and business
- Finance and Operations management
- Corporate governance and policy
Ben has over 17 years’ experience in corporate advisory practice, including capital raisings, divestments, and mergers and acquisitions. He joined Four Bells Advisory in October 2015.
In 2006, Ben joined Origin Capital Group in Sydney where he was involved in a wide range of technology-based transactions and advisory projects. Technology sectors covered include:
- Alternative energy
- Advanced battery technologies
- Industrial engineering
- Information technology
- Digital media
- Mining services
Over a period of three years, Ben advised five technology divisions of CSIRO (Australia’s equivalent of CAS) on the commercialisation prospects of a wide range of innovative technologies produced as a result of long-term CSIRO R&D projects, including an oil recycling technology that safely removed PCBs from waste transformer oil.
Prior to joining Origin, Ben was an executive director at Newport Capital Group, specialising in technology-based transactions in the telecommunications, information technology, digital media and engineering industry sectors.
Ben is a qualified metallurgist and has both production plant and research laboratory experience.
Bruce has more than 25 years’ commercial experience working in government, the private sector and not-for profit organisations, including founding Argus Solutions, a pioneering biometric security company that was listed on the ASX.
As CEO of a publicly listed company for more than 10 years, Bruce has substantial knowledge of ASX corporate governance regulations , including continuous disclosure requirements.
Bruce has demonstrated proven abilities to build highly effective teams for company needs, establish strong company partnerships and pioneer new technologies into new markets. These reflect his high tolerance for risk taking, the ability to pursue a vision and supporting strategy for a long period of time and his capacity to stick with a task regardless of any adversity.
Bruce’s commercial achievements include:
- Initiating, building the company;
- Conceiving and creating the intellectual property plan;
- Building key relationships with government;
- Directly leading and being involved in the raising of more than $25million in capital funds;
- Leading the development of globally recognised, peer reviewed technology innovation; and
- Achieving national recognition for the company through the Australian Technology Showcase. Leading a team internationally recognised in 2010 as the “Biometrics Vendor of the Year” (Frost and Sullivan Award).
Previous executive positions include: Executive Solutions Group, SIMAid, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs, Australian Theatre Joint Intelligence Centre and the Royal Australian Air Force.
Bruce has a Bachelor of Arts (Asian Studies) from James Cook University and a Master of Defence Studies from the University of New South Wales.